Annnnd…
I am experiencing a complete lack of words tonight as I sit
down to write. Maybe it's because I used up a lot of them this morning talking
to my sister and her husband. We talked for over 3 hours. It was a nice visit.
Not our longest skype call, believe it or not.
Also believe it or not, we got a UFC title fight live over
here in SE Asia that my brother-in-law would have had to pay $50 on
pay-per-view for. So we pulled the computer up close to our TV and let him
watch it on skype. Wasn't the best quality for him, but it was kind of fun to
watch it all together. My sister wasn't as amused, I guess.
It was a low-key, laid back day. Tried to keep it that way
on purpose; Sunday and all. And it was quiet. And nice. Church was good, too.
Then out for supper with some friends. Mr. was quite funny; I told him he was
the life of the party.
During supper we discussed the recent death of that colleague
I mentioned last week. NOT such a funny or fun topic. But some more things have
come to light that help make the death less mysterious and suspect. Which helps
somehow. He was on his way back from teaching in a village when he stopped to
swim with some local kids in a pond. One time he dove down and didn't come back
up. The kids thought he was teasing them, but then got scared and ran away.
His wife says he has had a weak heart for a long time, and
thinks he had a heart attack or something. She seems to be taking it in stride.
I don't think many of the rest of us knew. We're all a bit more shocked. But at
least there's some sense to it now.
The funeral is Tuesday. We'll probably go.
Oh. And it was another "sit on the back of the
motorbike and shoot photos while Mr. is driving" photo day. I feel so lame
when I do that. Very much sticking to the "letter" of my 1000 day
photo commitment, but missing the spirit of the experiment.

No comments:
Post a Comment