Thursday, September 6, 2012

oil


I kind of like the night before. There is this peace that sort of settles on you as you realize that this is it. What you get done gets done; what you don't finish will never be done, because by then it will be too late.
I used to feel this way the night before opening a play or musical. Typically I was painting scenery all night, on into the next day, right up to the time the curtain went up. I can't explain the calm. It might be the resignation of one realizing they have done all they can, whether it is enough or not. The end is definitely in sight, and there is some relief in that.
I don't think I will pull an all-nighter like I used to. College and the days when I could handle that are long gone. But I am definitely burning the midnight oil. I watched time slip out of my fingers today, but really didn't feel the stress I expected to. I tried to be careful, methodical, and steady. Only once did I let panic rise to the surface. And then I reminded myself how little it mattered.
I did get out and have a good few hours with God first thing this morning. SO worth it! He is amazing, and it astounds me when I feel Him close, and sense Him communicating with me. That will never get old, and it makes me eager for the next time.
So I will hang onto that as I keep working a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment