So, we needed toilet paper. That's all we needed, really. I
told Mr. I'd go out and get it, while he went off to a meeting. I needed the
extra motivation to get out of the house, anyway. Felt rather despondent today.
One thing that usually makes me feel better is to fix food.
I think it's the combination of a creative act, combined with care for others,
that makes cooking deeply satisfying to me.
I looked through recipes and settled on a yummy chili soup.
It has white wine and bacon in it, so it has to be good! I made my shopping
list and got all ready to walk out of the door, just as it started raining. Not
hard, just a steady sprinkle. I did some computer work for about a half an
hour, hoping it would stop, but it didn't. Neither did it get heavier, though,
so I decided to just go out in it.
I trudged through the rain and got everything on my list,
only to realize as I was almost home that I had forgotten—you guessed it—the
toilet paper. What a one-drawer loser I am.
Other things that made me feel down today:
The kitty. I am worried about what to do with her when we
return to the US. I want to keep her with me, but know we'll be moving around a
lot. I don't want to put her through psychological trauma. Also, she has a
mystery cut on her cheek right behind her whiskers. We don't have any other
little critters around; where did that come from?
E-mail. I wrote forty-plus e-mails yesterday (no
exaggeration), and haven't heard much back from people. I know this sounds
silly, but I really get discouraged when I'm looking for responses to e-mails
and don't get them.
Rain. Not that rainy weather discourages me, but I took my
camera with me, hoping to get a good shot while I was out walking. However, due
to the steady drizzle I didn't see much to shoot, and didn't want to get the
camera out in the damp weather anyway. I think September has been a poor month
for good photos.
Anyway, here's hoping I feel better tomorrow. I am not
typically given to staying down for long. But like Mr. says, no one can feel
absolutely happy 100% of the time. Guess today was my day for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment