Sunday, September 16, 2012

leisure


Today was a very leisurely, quiet day. I thought I would spend a majority of it with God, and I didn't. I thought I would nap, and I didn't. I thought I would get to bed early, and I haven't.
I actually don't think I handle free time very well. I will have to work on that.
Up late, slow breakfast (I can only eat little tiny bites, you know), some devotional reading and Bible reading. I explored the roof-top pool area and experimented with how to shower without getting my bandages wet. A friend who lives here called and we got together for a late lunch that lasted most of the afternoon. Then I spent a few hours surfing the internet, looking for places to stay in Florida during the month of February. Did you know February is probably the worst/best time to go to Florida?? Best, because the weather is really nice there, and lousy up north. Worst because everyone wants to be there at that time, and the prices are really high and lots of places are booked already.
I think I spent over 4 hours looking. I sent close to 20 inquiries for places in our price range that take pets, so hopefully something will come of it.
Now it's past 10 pm, and I know I should go to sleep, but I'm not sleepy. Another pitfall of a quiet, laid-back day. Hmmmm. I am not very good at this life of leisure. Maybe I just need more practice…
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment