Well, I think I'm finally bouncing back, as far as this cold goes. I was still and quiet at home once again today, and I think it's paying off.
Had another bad night, as far as falling and staying asleep. But I slept in until about 9. Breakfast with my Mr. and then I worked on editing photos for a few hours. The ones I took for the restaurant promotion. I still have quite a few to go. It takes a while to tweak colors, contrast, etc. to make them extra good.
My friend came over around lunch time to get a few of the photos on a flash drive. Then Mr. and I had ramen noodles. I haven't had plain old ramen noodles for quite a long time, and they were quite nostalgic. A long-lost comfort food, almost like an old friend.
Then the time wasting began. I should have napped, but watched a few hours of TV and played that stupid video game again. Sleeping would have been so much better for me.
To make up for it and try to be productive, I made some birthday cards. We have a number of January birthdays in our family, and I try to send everyone a handmade card. It gets kind of tricky, because the postal system here isn't very reliable, so we try to send mail with people who are traveling back to the States. If I'm on top of things, I will get cards done a month or so in advance, so I have plenty of time to find someone to carry it back for me.
Anyway, you might not think it, but card making can be very physical. That sounds silly, but I really get into it. Up and down, back and forth to my craft drawer to get supplies. I stand most of the time to get a good angle on my work. But not today. I could feel my lack of stamina compliments of this cold. I was actually a bit clammy, and sat most of the time. But I am happy with how they turned out.
Supper. More TV. Washed dishes. Played with the cat. She cracked me up today. For a few hours she curled up and slept in a paint tray. A cat after my own heart!
So, really. Not really a wasted day. I still feel dissatisfied, though. I haven't had a good time of Bible study since I started feeling sick. That could be the reason for my discontent. All of these things, from the mindless entertainment to the worth-while accomplishments, are all leaving me a little flat and empty. I don't know why I keep looking to them to fill the hole inside. I know from repeated experience that they don't.

No comments:
Post a Comment