Wednesday, August 29, 2012

fried


I have literally been writing e-mails all day, and I'll tell you—my brain is fried, especially the word-processing part of it! It amazes me that I can spend almost 6 straight hours doing something that people had never even heard of 30 years ago!
Do you realize that when I was born no one knew the stress of an in-box piled full of unanswered e-mails?? How much new anxiety have we created for ourselves with the invention of modern "conveniences" that are meant to make our lives easier?
Not that I'm complaining, really. (Yes, I realize it kind of sounds like I'm complaining…) I was actually able to get a LOT of communicating done today. It was a very productive day, even though it did leave me glassy-eyed and mentally mushy.
So now it's time to push away from the computer; that friendly glowing screen that connects me to the outside world, stores all the things I can't remember, and enables me to create countless documents and designs. Again, amazing how this electronic device has become an essential part of my every-day life.
I am making supper here at home, a friend is coming over, and then we're going to see some other friends off at the airport. They're heading back to the US for a few months, and we will be there to wish them well.
Very social activities to balance out a very reclusive day in which a 17" screen became basically my whole world.
(Yes. Be envious. Seventeen inches. I'm a designer, after all!)
**Post script: We went with our friends to the airport, only to find that their 11:30 pm flight was delayed. Waited another few hours until the status changed to "delayed indefinitely". Bad news. Late night for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment