Woo hoo. I just wrote our weekly update. And I think it's
going to tick some people off.
Ack. I hate controversy. But sometimes I think the status
quo needs to be challenged. Especially when it comes to dyed-in-the-wool,
over-confident, overly comfortable church goers. And tonight was one of those
nights. What's the point in writing, after all, if you're just going to say
things people like to hear?
I read a quote in a book a while ago, "If you want to
change the world, pick up a pen." It kind of stuck with me. We've been
trying to change things here for 12 years, with no success. Could it be we've
been going about it in the wrong way?
Anyway, if you happen to be someone who is "lucky"
enough to receive both my blog and my weekly update, you might wonder what I'm
going on about. Seriously, we both worked to make the update as non-offensive
as possible. (I write, then Mr. gets a chance to edit and tweak, so it's a
group effort.)
But just you wait. I bet we'll get some angry e-mails
tomorrow. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Sorry for the short entry. I kind of expended my writing energies
on the other update tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment