Tuesday, December 20, 2011

trauma

Good day; more of the same. Worked at the restaurant, mostly. Was pretty nice to everyone, so am counting the day a success. Had a friend over for supper and a movie; now it's late.

Tomorrow I'm probably not going to the restaurant. I have a number of other errands I need to do. Time to catch up on real life for a bit, as it has continued on while I have been wrapped up in my creative bubble.

I'm going to coach someone over skype first thing in the morning. I also need to find and figure out how to cook sweet potatoes. We're joining a Christmas party in the evening, and that's my contribution to the meal. But the biggest thing on the schedule tomorrow is to take the kitten to the vet for a check-up and vaccinations.

I wish I could prepare her. I know she's going to be scared. When she looks at me tomorrow with fear- and pain-filled eyes, it's going to make my heart so sad. I will want to tell her it's going to be alright, and that the trauma of the moment is going to help her be healthy and strong. But there is just no way I can bridge the gap and communicate that to her. Right now she's happily playing with a ball, oblivious of the trial to come.

I have been thinking that God probably feels the same way. How often, when pain comes into our lives, do we cry out to Him in sorrow, fear, frustration, anger? And yet He knows exactly how that experience is going to play out. He sees clearly how this piece fits with all the others, for our ultimate good. He grieves to see our pain, and knows that if we could just see the bigger picture, we'd understand… or would we?

Maybe we still would be unable to comprehend it all. After all, I suspect the gap in understanding between me and my cat is small when compared to the grand canyon difference between my intellect and God's.

PS: Couldn't resist posting a photo of her. Such a sweetie, although she chose my Mr. over me for cuddle time tonight. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment