Saturday, December 17, 2011

Reconciliation

Well, whatever it was that the cat had against me yesterday, she's over it today. Actually, last night she cuddled up on my chest right as I was finishing my blog. I gave in and stayed up with her until pretty late, although we both fell asleep. The end of yesterday and the beginning of today were too close together!

But today she's happy, cuddly and purry. We're best friends again, which is just how I like it.

On the interior design front, however, things are not as rosy. I am not progressing as quickly as I anticipated. Mr. thinks that my life motto should be, "This is taking longer than I thought it would." I say that about most things.

On top of that, I was shuffled around a few times, which slowed me down. First of all, the power went out, and I had to move from my secluded little corner to a place that had sunlight. Then, the tile guys wanted to tile the floor I was sitting on, so I had to move again. And to add insult to injury, when I returned from lunch, they had piled boxes of tiles right in front of my work space, so I could hardly get in there to work. I tried to explained that I was a hired worker just like they were, and I had a job to finish, but they didn't seem to buy it. And the icing on the cake was that as they tiled, the path between my work space and the place I kept all my supplies became impassible, blocked by tiles that had not yet set.

I did OK people-wise, although I admittedly had to reign myself in when I saw the boxes of tile obstructing my workspace. They, on their part, gave me a slightly wide berth. I heard one guy tell another, "She doesn't like to be helped." Sigh. When you're a jerk, word gets around.

I also spent some time getting to know a young lady today, looking toward a potential coaching relationship. I like people one-on-one better than in groups. I am excited about the chance to build her up.

Back to work at 7 tomorrow morning. The tile guys are starting on the final piece of floor then, and it's right where I'm set up currently. I want to be around for the shifting of my stuff, and have some say in the process. So, to bed I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment