Sunday, December 4, 2011

Success!

Yippee! I did it! 3 kilometers in 24 minutes. I know that's not a very speedy time, but I accomplished my goal. I jogged all 3 k at a steady pace, without stopping. In the glow of success after my first successful run, I thought, "I could probably to 10 k next year!" That euphoria has subsided a little bit, but I can see why jogging can be addictive.

My friends successfully completed their 21 k runs and we all celebrated with massages. Actually, the day went something like this: jog/run, eat, shop, eat, massage, nap/pool, eat, sit around and visit. Oh yeah, and tequila shots. Nice day.

I found today's photo by the swimming pool. Nice landscaping, pleasant atmosphere. It would have been perfect, except for the old white dude groping his Asian prostitute. Disturbing and disgusting, but what are you going to do?

That's why I feel the need to take photos that are attractive. Tragedy and ugliness is all around us. Today I saw at least 10 people missing limbs, children begging, prostitution, and heard the stories of two ladies whose husbands had left them for other women.

Sickness, sadness and decadence is part of my every-day life. The challenge is to find something whole and healthy and beautiful in this environment. I am not denying that pain and suffering exists. That's the reality that I live with. I need something to heal and soothe my soul. That's the whole point of this photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment