Well, we traveled out of town again today. Roughly a 5 hour drive on iffy roads. We were in a 15-passenger van, and all the seats were filled. Unfortunately, that didn't leave any room for suitcases and bags, so those were stuffed in the aisle and under seats and anywhere that feet usually would have gone. My legs are short, so I fared pretty well. However, there was a long-legged British dude stuffed all the way in the back who looked awfully uncomfortable. I felt bad for him. My Mr. had requested ahead of time a seat near the front, so he did ok.
The kitty will be alone for 5 days or so, not counting the girl who will stop every day to feed her. I tried to cuddle extra with her before we left, but she was having none of it. I could almost hear her thinking, "Why is this woman being so clingy?" I think she has begun to take us for granted. Whoever coined the phrase, "Familiarity breeds contempt," must have owned a cat.
Anyway, I hope she isn't too lonely without us.
I had some fake instant coffee around 4 this afternoon, hoping it wouldn't affect me the same way real coffee does. Unfortunately, I'm feeling jittery and anxious. Poor choice. To make matters worse, an ant crawled down my pants and bit me right on the hiney. I have a big welt and it itches like crazy. I hate it when they do that.

No comments:
Post a Comment