Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tears

I cried today. Twice. At very unexpected times.

The first time was walking back home, trying to catch my breath after jogging. All of a sudden I was thinking of my grandpa, and tears started running down my face. A few days ago was the fourth anniversary of his passing, and although I didn't live nearby, and didn't see him much in the years before his death, I suddenly today missed him terribly. When he died, I mourned him deeply. It felt as if a bit of home was gone and the world was a less secure place without him in it. But to be struck so strongly with those emotions again today was very out of the blue. I had to sit on a park bench and let the emotions pass, hoping my tears passed for sweat as I wiped them away.

I cried again later today as I was reading a book. Now, that's not unusual for me, especially if the author is compelling and the book is dealing with an issue I relate with personally. The weird thing is that I was only reading the acknowledgments at the beginning of the book! I hadn't even made to the first chapter! What is going on??

All in all it was a pretty good day. I was productive, helpful, balanced, and supportive. I did some enjoyable things today. Where were the tears coming from???

No idea. 

It isn't an altogether bad thing. Just very strange. And rather inconvenient. We'll see if the trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment