That's what's in the baskets in this photo, in case any one was wondering. Bananas drying in the sun. I liked the bold colors of the chairs and baskets.
It was a full day. I did indeed get up and exercise at 5 this morning. So far I feel OK, but it's "the morning after" when I usually feel it most. So, the real challenge will be to get up tomorrow and do it again.
We fed a beggar at breakfast. Two or three had already come through, and my Mr. always invited them to sit down and he'd buy them a plate of food. No one took him up on it; I don't think many believed he'd really do it. Then this "old" lady came by, and sat down the first time he spoke to her. Come to find out, she was just in her early 70s, but looked even older. She wolfed down that plate of food so fast. We tried to get to know her a bit, but she was not really interested in talking. We just told her when she was finished that we gave her the food because Jesus loves her. She was really grateful and sweet. So sad.
Got my hair trimmed today. I like how it turned out. My hairdresser was on a real rant today. She was venting so fast I had to scramble to keep up with the language, but the gist of it is that she feels that her countrymen are impolite and uncultured. She feels embarrassed by the state of her country at this point. Those in power are getting richer and richer and the poor people are going "crazy" in her words. She blames first the government, which is corrupt, and then the people themselves. I just sat and listened much of the time. I had to agree with some of her points, but was sad not to be able to give any comfort or encouragement. The best I came up with was that we're praying, and we have a heart to help, although we haven't been able to find any good solutions yet.
Meeting over lunch. I hate feeling like I've let people down. I probably imagine many of the "expectations" I perceive from others, but I feel like I really dropped the ball on this particular commitment while we were in the States.
I did other things in the afternoon, when really I feel pressure to be working on my Christmas cards. The other things were important, too. Not so much time spent on the cat today. She's feeling rather neglected now.

No comments:
Post a Comment