Tuesday, November 29, 2011

People

Well, things seem back to normal with my Mr. and me after last night. Our making up is never very satisfying to me. It usually consists of me apologizing and apologizing, and him saying it's forgotten, or not a big deal. Not very emotional, not very reassuring. I fear he just tucks it away somewhere and internalizes things. :-( But we're back to our normal, comfortable way of interacting. I hope he doesn't believe half the things I said last night.

Today was full of people time! We watched our teammates' one-and-a-half-year old first thing so they could go out for breakfast. Then I went straight to a coaching session with a single woman here in town. After that, on to lunch with some friends who are selling our calendars for us. Then a little down time, and then off to visit a Japanese friend who I haven't seen since we got back.

It was satisfying in a way. I feel like I did valuable things with the day, investing in people like that. And, as much as I'm an introvert, I guess I don't suck at being with people. That stupid test I took yesterday listed one of my strengths as being "relational". 

But tomorrow I hope to make up for it with lots of creative projects. I will need to structure and plan my day to get everything done that I want to. It probably won't happen.

However, the day after tomorrow we head out of town for six days, so I need to wrap up some loose ends. And it means it's time to start worrying about leaving the kitty alone again. I feel horrible about it. Especially since the girl who came and spent time with her last time is unable to do so this week. But she'll be fine, and anyway—what can I do?

Hmmm. I think I'll go seek the kitty out and spend some quality time with her right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment