Have you ever thought about how funny it is that, when we
join a big group of people, we write our names on a big sticker and slap it
somewhere on our shirt? Looking around at the seminar room full of people last week, it just struck me as kind of bizarre. But everyone had done it,
obediently and without thinking twice.
Do you notice how silly you feel when you go out in public
and forget to take your name tag off? But there is no embarrassment when
everybody else is doing it.
I also realized today that I was due for a change in
perspective. I have been taking a photo a day for over a year now. And what
began as a pursuit of beauty, the practice of really seeing beauty at least
once a day, has now become daily pressure to "get a good shot."
Now, I even enjoy it from that angle. There is something
exciting about the hunt, the tracking down and capturing of a good shot. But it
isn't the same thing as pursuing beauty. There is no conquest there. It's more
about opening your eyes to and appreciating what is already there. It's about
breathing and basking and being. I need to get back to that.

No comments:
Post a Comment