Friday, October 5, 2012

margin


I was so tired this morning. I just couldn't get out of bed to exercise. I gave myself a pass today, because I've really been kicking it the past four days. Probably one of the reasons I was so exhausted. That, and late bed times, a cat who wants to play at about 1 every morning, and still getting up early to work out.
Once I got out of bed I finished the typing project I was working on yesterday, and went to meet a friend for lunch. On the way I stopped on an errand and hit some trouble. I am supposed to teach a kids' Sunday school class at church this Sunday, but the teaching material wasn't there when I went to pick it up today.
Here's why that's a problem: I was going to prepare the lesson this afternoon. It was my only time to work on it. I really have no other time to get to it between now and Sunday. And if I have to create something from scratch… sheesh!
 Tomorrow I take a group of women on a retreat. I have a bit of thinking to do to prepare for that—I was going to tackle that tomorrow morning. I meet them at 11 for lunch. Then I don't get back home until 1 pm or so on Sunday. Church is at 4. I seriously have no margin.
I have no idea how I'm going to handle this. My solution? Pretend like I have nothing to do. Watch TV and enjoy the evening with Mr.
Also, the kitty. She has just made my day by climbing up on me twice this evening, curling up, and falling asleep. I actually did do some more work when I got home (again, amazed at how much time e-mail takes!) but when the kitty jumped up on the couch, I pushed the computer away to make room for her on my lap. And I was duly rewarded. Purring. Kneading. Cuddling. Happy kitty, happy me.
So, I really have no idea how everything is going to work out. But for the moment, at least, I am not feeling terribly concerned. Maybe I can get up early again tomorrow morning and fit it all in somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment