Sunday, July 15, 2012

missing


For a Sunday there was distressing little time to focus on God today. Not that it was a bad day, just full of other stuff. We started with four (yes, count them—FOUR) hours talking to my sister and her husband. Lunch, TV, housework. To church early to practice singing, then the service, then out to supper with some friends. That's it. Home. Blogging. Full day. Not much time to reflect, think, or pray.
It's OK. Not every day needs to be have an "aha" moment or a mountain top experience. It was a good day. I didn't waste it. I just didn't feel terribly close to God today. The service had a few good moments, the pastor had a few good points. The time with our friends was nice. And the conversation with my sister was great.
But I think I missed God today.
Now I need to get to bed. An early bed time is needed because 1) I go babysit at 8 and 2) I need to exercise before that. I am determined to have a much more positive babysitting experience tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment