Monday, October 3, 2011

Driven

Most of my day was spent trying to rest. Trying to rest without guilt, that is. Sleeping late, cooking with my Mr., watching NFL. I keep hearing my mom's voice in the back in my mind, "Stop wasting your time." I feel this time slipping away, afraid I'm not using this time to its fullest advantage.

I remember a plaque in my grandparents' bathroom, "Just one life, will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last." No wonder I'm so driven.

Grudgingly went to a supper with about 30 other people tonight. The topic of discussion was monastic virtues and soul care. In other words, the need to tend to my own heart and soul before trying to change those of others. Ordering my inner life before trying to impact other lives.

Basically, the most important thing I can do with my life is to pursue Jesus with all I have. Not an achievement anyone can see, but all true life and ministry flow out of this relationship, this center.

I need to be driven toward this One passion alone—single-mindedly and whole-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment