Thursday, June 28, 2012

discipline


WOW. Tired. But it's a good tired. Full day, mostly good. Awake early, partly due to the kitty. She was sitting on my chest, purring, before 5. But I also had to get up to go to the bathroom and decided to stay up. The kitty and I had a fun time chasing and hiding.
It was the day for my early walk/jog. Was out the door before 6. I really didn't WANT to do it, but I have such a good thing going—it would be a shame to break my good exercise record. Sometimes discipline begets discipline.
I saw somebody I knew as I was jogging. From a distance I thought, "Oh, look. Tourists taking photos on the riverside." But as I got closer, they greeted me and I realized I knew the mother from church. Her daughter was doing a photography project for school. I had to commend them; the early morning light was gorgeous. I will have to go out there once soon just for photo taking. The colors are SO rich.
Speaking of rich colors, Mr. and I went walking later in the day (around 2 in the afternoon; VERY hot!) and I caught a great photo, dramatic sky, brilliant colors. Nice.
On our walk we stopped at a sports store and bought me some new dumbbells. Exciting. I'm going up a step in my weights. I read an article and, from what it said, I decided my strength training was not challenging enough. I am going from 1 kilo to 1.5 kilo. It's a greater leap than what the article recommended, but it was the smallest increment I could find. I feel kind of good about pushing myself a little more.
I dozed through some devotions today. I never know if to feel bad about that or not. I think it's positive that reading God's word calms me and leaves me quite peaceful. And doing it in a comfy position on a cozy chair is very comforting—like being hugged. But… usually it results in looooooong periods of, well, meditation, shall we say? I don't know. As long as it isn't my only method of Bible study, and I actually dig down and concentrate sometimes, too. It's probably OK. Right???
I did do work today, too, but I just don't feel much like writing about that. I don't want these posts to be just lists of everything I did in a day. On the other hand I don't always have something profound or interesting to say. Maybe I need to learn a bit more about blogging.
After supper I was quite tired, and ready to call it a night. But we have a long-standing prayer and coffee date with our friends every other Thursday. So we went. Great thing is, when I got there we had such a good time catching up, I felt re-energized. I think they felt it too, because we continued chatting even after everyone agreed that we needed to wrap it up and get to bed. I don't think it was the caffeine, because I got a chai tea latte to avoid caffeine so late at night. I'm quite grateful for that relationship. I just hope none of us regret the late night tomorrow. But we're all over 30, so I suspect we might. :-P
OK. Busy day tomorrow, so for the 10th time tonight, I need to wrap it up and get to bed. One final thought: you know what I said about the cat learning to jump on my back without scratching me too much? I take it all back. She jumped up and really dug in today. Youch!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment