Sunday, April 22, 2012

quiet

Today was a relatively quiet day. I purposely wanted it so. It was Sunday, after all.

No exercise today, so that was pretty luxurious. I had hoped to sleep in, but Mr. had agreed that we would meet some people for breakfast. So, I got myself up and around grudgingly. I woke up quite early, and was despairing about going back to sleep. But I read my Bible and prayed a while, which was so calming that it eventually turned back into sleep. About an hour later I absolutely HAD to get up and moving in order to get ready in time, and was kind of peeved about it.

I tried to get myself in a better frame of mind as we walked to our favorite flaming beef "restaurant" (under an awning on the sidewalk). I was partially successful, but the company cheered me right up. We do not connect with these people very often, but I have the feeling we'd be friends if we made more of a point to get together. We are very like-minded. I left the visit feeling kind of bad that we haven't gotten to know each better before this, and sad that we leave in less than a year, so there really isn't much time left.

Home, quiet. I finished my reading for the on-line class. Mr. made sandwiches for lunch. We watched UFC fights on TV. Yes, I like Mixed Martial Arts. Weird, but there you have it. My Mr. is the envy of other guys because his wife will 1. drink beer with him, 2. play golf with him, and 3. watch MMA with him. But I think he's pretty awesome because he'll 1. go to plays and musicals with me, 2. take ballroom dancing, if we ever live near a place that teaches it, 3. play with my cat. 

Nap afterward. Ahhhh. Up, shower, ready for church. Good service, then to supper with people we had just met through a common friend. Nice evening. Mangoes with white wine afterward.

And I'm tired. And it's time for bed. And I still feel a little overwhelmed by the busy two weeks that are coming up. I have someone coaching me tomorrow, and hopefully we'll work out a plan.

Now to bed. I feel a little sheepish about my photo for tonight, but there are two very good reasons. One, I had the camera with me all day, but when I got it out this evening to capture a few shots that I really liked, it acted like the battery was dead. So I just put it away. But later, when I got home, it said the battery was full. Weird. But the point is, I would have gotten more shots if that hadn't happened.

And number two, it's JUST TOO HOT to get out there and get good shots. I hardly want to leave the house, but when I absolutely have to it's hard to take the time to snap photos. It is just boiling and I have trouble lingering over things and noticing beauty. Ugh. I'll try to do better. But for today, enjoy the kitty who, for some reason, loves to sit in the only puddle of sunshine in our apartment. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment